Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Save the Date Madness

About a year ago, I was sitting in my kitchen with my one of my best friends, Mrs. Molly Turner (then Blair), discussing designs and colors for her wedding invitations over a couple - or a few - delicious libations. Several months prior, we did the same for her save the dates - which turned out fabulous, I might add. We repeated this process for the programs...you get the picture.

We painted; pained over wording and font; and finally came out with something so sweet and personal for every single announcement and RSVP card...it was a wonderful experience. Thanks, Mollz, for asking me to be a part of that.

For those of you who don't yet know, I'm now working my way toward my wedding day. I had such a blast hand crafting and personalizing our save the dates, so I thought I'd share the process and final product with y'all.

Here are few pictures of my save the dates alongside the suite of Molly's wedding stationary...is that the correct terminology? Wedding stationary?
This picture doesn't do the vibrant blues any justice...





Sweet, rustic save the dates...I love arts and crafts!


I made this save the date banner before our engagement photo session.
A big thank you to our friend Lane Garwood who spent a

weekend in the mountains with us, taking pictures, making us
laugh and camping.
Mass of wedding happiness...

I also want to say a big thanks to Etsy shop owner Mayasmomma. Those lovely vintage luggage tags - she hand-stained them. She sent me samples (for free!) of all her sizes before I decided which would work best. She was so responsive and easy to work with. I based our save the dates around those lovely tags. 

I will definitely be using more of these in wedding crafts to come...so thank you!


Oh, and by the way, Molly and Will's wedding could not have turned out better...



1 comment:

  1. !!! I might cry. So sweet to see it all laid out. We are charts & chrafts champions.

    ReplyDelete