Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's Spring, Evergreen . . . and Business Card Holders

Okay, so it's not technically spring, but here in Pine Lake, it looks and feels a lot like my second favorite season. Most of my irises and daffodils have come and gone, my year-round Gerber daisies are rocking, grape hyacinths everywhere, seedums and tulips popping up, Lenten roses hanging on . . . it's all quite lovely.

And . . . inspirational!

I recently contacted the fine folks at Vistaprint to order a few "free" business cards. Of course I got a little excited and ended up buying return labels and all sorts of cute, owl-embellished nonsense to the tune of . . . well, not free. Anyway, I did this after deciding that my evergreen cast iron plant leaves, when curled and set just right, would make fantastic business card holders. I must say, I was right (which I usually am).


I used a smaller bit of foliage, obviously, but after some pressing, rolling, molding, carving, firing, glazing and firing again . . . 

Viola! 

Cast iron plant, leaf-shaped business card holders. I pretty much love them. Just FYI, this can be done with nearly any leaf if you find yourself in need. 









And just for your sheer viewing pleasure, here's a peek at what's blooming in Pine Lake this lovely winter spring season . . .  





I know, these aren't quite beautiful yet. But our
tulips may be one the prettiest things in our yard
when they're up.














1 comment:

  1. Ok...First, as you saw when you were here, we could sure use some of those mad landscaping skills you and your mom and basically everyone in your family has except us. My opposite of a green thumb is obvious by the fact that when reading your first mentions of flowers and plants you have, I can't even place an image to almost all of those lovely sounding names that I know I've seen before but just can't register in my non-planter brain. Anywho, glad to see there is a good bit of color popping up in Pine Lake! Second, those are the neatest little business card holders I think I've ever seen. Your super cute owl business cards just look perfect in them! So glad you're starting to show off all of your talented work :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete