Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Saying Thank You DIY Style

I've been told I'm overly thankful. Not that I'm adequately appreciative or grateful, but that I literally thank people too much. Especially at restaurants . . . I thank my server for every . single . individual item he or she delivers. I even thank the cashier for taking my money. Who thanks people for taking their money? This could stem from years of experience behind bars, aprons and espresso machines, or (more likely) from the understanding that feeling appreciated is so incredibly special. Doing for others brings joy, that's undeniable. But the occasional recognition that comes from doing brings its own kind of happiness. I'm working on the grateful thing, but in the meantime, I'll continue to overly thank anyone and everyone who deserves it.

Especially if it means making crafts!

A few wonderful members of my framily - yep, friends and family, so close they're the same - went out of their way to help me with some wedding planning recently, and I wanted to thank them. Check out these precious-as-pie, DIY (does that rhyme?) thank you bags. 

If you have some folks to thank and think they might like adorable mushroom plant decorations (I'm a really big fan of accessorizing my plants), then consider this a tutorial.


  Pick a patch of floor and ready your supplies. Brown lunch bags, mushroom plant accessories (or whatever other little thank you seems fitting), hole puncher, scissors, coffee-stained luggage tags (see here), tissue paper, jute, colorful markers . . . and a crafty attitude. 

All you have to do is put it all together. Wrap the gift, bag it, punch some holes, write some notes, string some jute, tie a bow and deliver (or mail in Mary Beth's case).

So simple. So cute. And, hopefully, they brought a little joy to someone's day (they did mine). Thanks again gang!




1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU for that super sweet little package :) And for hauling up our plant so we'd have one to put the little mushroom in- haha

    ReplyDelete